- “I cleanse myself of all selfishness, resentment, critical feelings, and self-condemnation. I bathe myself in generosity, appreciation, praise, gratitude, and self-acceptance” – Lidia Frederico
- “A few steps back means that I have not fallen” JChavae
- “Today I Affirm: I am confident in my ability to bloom, and I will not stunt my growth with negative self-talk or old bad habits” – Alex Elle
- “You are worth more than you think, capable of more than you know, and loved more than you can imagine” – Unk.
- “You are beautiful no matter what they say, words can’t bring you down” – Christina Aguilera
- Alex Elle – #ANote2Self (self-care journal)
- Keke Palmer – I Don’t Belong to You
- Jen Sincero – You Are A Badass
- Kamal Ravikant – Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on it
- Alexis Jones – I am That Girl
Do this exercise every day however long you need to or whenever you want to (I suggest doing this before you start your day and before you go to bed… just throw yourself right into it or once a day to ease into it)
- 1. Stand before a mirror (any size) and just look at yourself, do not linger on one area to look. Just really look at yourself and appreciate that you are whole, you are breathing.
2. “As you look into your eyes in the mirror, begin to say some good and encouraging things about yourself, tell yourself how strong you’ve been and will continue to be, tell yourself how happy you are about what you’ve already achieved and what you will achieve in the future.” – Dr Joe Rubino
3. Tell yourself “you are amazing, you are good enough, you are a beautiful and an awesome person”
4. End by saying to yourself “I love you”
I hope this helps you on your journey in loving yourself more, in loving yourself the way you want your partner to love and appreciate you.
What are some useful tips that you can share from your own self love journey in your relationship?