Yesterday, I touched on the topic of Self Care and Loving Yourself. I spoke on my own struggle to accept myself up until my senior year of high school (yes it took that long) and not really care what anyone else though of me (about my 1st or second year of college). It took like 6 months to a year of hubby saying compliments without me shying away and just accepting them. There are days when I don’t feel ‘beautiful’ or I find something wrong with myself but then hubby sends a random text with a ‘hey beautiful’ or just goes ‘i don’t care’ that makes me feel silly.
Any who, I’m just making a list of the strategies I posted yesterday and a few more:
- Accept yourself as you are now
- Accept your need to change if necessary
- Write daily affirmations and put them where you’ll see them most (bathroom mirror, by the front door, on the fridge)
- Stand naked in front of the mirror (NAKED or in your underwear), find positive things to say about your body
- Write in a journal all your great personality traits or characteristics or skills that you love about yourself
- Ladies try a heels class, pole dancing class, learn something new and sexy outside of your comfort zone
- Take a spa day, groom yourself (nails, hair, shave/wax)
- Change your diet up (not go on a diet or a cleanse… choose healthier eating)
- Go for more water
- Exercise (at home) in your underwear
- More yoga (or just stretch, stretching works too) to increase flexibility and posture
- Light some candles or incense, cleanse your soul with sage
- Take a walk and clear your head
- Know your limits, your strengths, your weaknesses, your boundaries
- Do some things by yourself (a movie date, museum date, a concert, an expo, a holiday)… trust me sometimes you are your own best company.
- Random dancing makes anyone feel good (trust me I had a session last night to The Hives & The White Stripes… too much fun)
Say it with me:
“I am worth more than I know, Capable of more than I think, and Loved more than I can imagine”
Love yourself unconditionally as you want your partner to love you.